So, I was looking to see what books are being made into movies for Christmas time.
Here's what I found
The Golden Compass - based on the book by Philip Pullman
The Water Horse - Legend of the Deep - based on the book by Dick King-Smith
And that's it. Anyone else found anything? Which should we read??
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Thanks corinne! That's great. I'm torn. The Golden Compass looks interesting and very fantasy and fun, but I don't want to read the whole series . . .
But The Water horse looks cute, we could probably take kids to see that one, and I'd like to read it, but that's not as fun as seeing something with the girls.
I guess my vote will be for The Golden Compass.
I would like to see the Spiderwick Chronicals, but it doesn't look like that's coming out until February. In which case, I vote for the Water Horse (I've seen both previews, and they both look good, but I'm 'in' to Scottish things at the moment *g*).
Golden Compass looks really interesting and Water Horse looks really cute! I would be fine with either one!:)
Jenni, you have to vote!
Okay okay... If I have too, I guess I'll vote for The Water Horse :)
I think I'm voting for The Water Horse too - mostly because I haven't read that book and the casting looks great
My vote is for The Water Horse.
i really am completely neutral on this. they both look like interesting books and potential movies. i'm switzerland!
ok, i'm not switzerland. i'm scotland and going to vote for "the water horse" as well. :)
Ha! Deb, you made me laugh!!:)
Hey, I just realized that Dick King-Smith wrote Babe. Fun.
Ok, I think it's pretty obvious that The Water Horse will win. So I'm calling that good enough.
WAHOO! We're off to Scotland folks :)
Post a Comment