Monday, November 2, 2015

December Reading Choices

I had a hard time with this one but here goes.....

Precious Bane, Mary Webb -- Reviews here.  We read this years ago for book club but only two people came, and I would love to discuss it with a larger group.  It's a lovely, lyrical book; the downside is that it's hard to find.  ILL is down so I can't tell if it's available there, but I have a copy to loan out.  It's ~$3 on Kindle/Audible/Abebooks.com, and I think it's worth the investment. Really, it's so good.

-- UPDATE:  The library has two copies available through interlibrary loan.

Go Set A Watchman, Harper Lee -- Her prequel to To Kill A Mockingbird.  Reviews here and the reviews are mixed, but I'd like to read and discuss.  There are lots of library copies but also a long backlog.

In Another Girl's Shoes, Berta Ruck -- Details and reviews here.  This book was written during WWI by a woman in England, so obviously, she didn't know the outcome of the war yet.  It's fun and light, and I like the insight into culture/ideas/social mores.  This is also out-of-print (I know; sorry to make it tricky), but $3 on Kindle.




No comments: