So as you can see, we are now reading Pope Joan by Donna Woodfolk Cross. Jenni will be hosting at Corinne's house on March 6th.
After that, we will be reading Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo in April hosted by Brenda.
Cheri would like us to choose the books to choose from for May. I know many of us wanted to read The Book Thief, but please place other ideas in the comments section. After we get a few I'll post a poll for those.
June's book is The Richest Man in Babylon hosted by Jen.
So, we're almost all caught up on our future reading! Mendy, Jann, and Kathy, start thinking about some choices for us. We'll need them in a couple months, but you are welcome to put them up any time you feel the inspiration.
Happy Reading!
Saturday, February 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
How could I resist posting to a group called Savage Readers? Leven Thumps is a lot of fun. Skye writes with a very toungue in cheek humor that you either love or hate. And who can resist a toothpick as a main character?
I really, really like The Book Theif. So that's my two cents.
Well, if Mr. Savage says he likes The Book Thief that's good enough for me!
Here are some thoughts for may
Enders Game by Orson Scott Card
Nowhere in Africa by Stephanie Zweig
There is a paperback available for Nowhere in Africa.
I have also heard that The book Theif is good too....
i've read the book thief, but it was quite a while ago. i'm willing to read it again.
or we could pick one that was a choice for another month but not picked? like the old curiosity shop or a little princess?
and i like nicole's choices, too!
The Book Thief ROCKED.
the book thief sounds good to me. i've also been wanting to read A Thousand Spendid Suns, which is by the author of the Kite Runner. i've always thought about reading ender's game - but haven't yet
- kathy j
I'd love to discuss the Book Thief, but I think Adrian would be over joyed if I read Ender's Game - so I vote for either one.
Post a Comment